December 01, 2010

This recipe, I believe, is the first recipe I ever made by myself. I borrowed it from my mom (not sure where she found it exactly) and cooked the entire meal all by myself, I was very proud! Its always been one of my favorite things to make. I am a pescitarian and i rarely eat seafood, so when im in the mood for some shrimps this is my go to recipe. It has all of my favorites, tomato, feta cheese and pasta! WINNER!

This recipe has also been my go to recipe when I cook for anyone for the first time. I don’t know why, it just is. So last year around this time when morgan and i started dating I asked him if he wanted to come over and id cook him dinner. As we text back and forth I was super excited to cook this meal. The longer we text I realize he is no fan of tomatoes. I almost died! What in the hell am I gonna cook for him! (like its the only recipe I know haha) long story short I ended up cooking him some other shrimp dish (i didnt get a photo of that dinner. im sure the weirdo in the kitchen taking pictures of her food would’ve scared him off for sure haha)

anywho after a year of making morgan eat veggies meals week after week he finally started liking tomatoes. (im still working on getting him to like onions) so this year for his bday I made him my tomato, shrimp and feta pasta. He said and I quote “im so mad at myself for not letting you make that last year” haha too funny hu!






















its super easy to make too!!

youll need 1tsp olive oil, 3/4tsp oregano, 1/2tsp salt, 1/4tsp red pepper flakes, 1lb shrimp, 3 garlic cloves, 1/2cup dry white wine, 3cups plum tomatoes, 3/4cup crumbled feta, 4cups cooked linguine, 1/4cup minced fresh parsley

saute olive oil through garlic on med/high heat for about 3 minutes and spoon into an 11x7 baking dish.
add the wine to the skillet and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, stir in tomatoes.
pour that over the shrimp and sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
serve over pasta and sprinkle with parsley.

ohh my is this dish amazing!! i really wonder where my mom got the recipe... she found it forever ago!!

1 comment:

meg fee said...

oh it looks delicious and so healthy--i'm going to have to try and make it. i'm craving some asparagus, as we speak.

xo
meg