June 27, 2012

Easy Healthy Vegan Ice Cream!

Vegan Ice Cream made from frozen bananas! Say what...


There is a local food truck called Gone Bananas that serves vegan ice cream. I first found them at a local event called Rasa Lila which is a yoga festival held once a year. I was hot and sweaty from a day full of yoga in the sun and wanted a cooling sweet treat so I stopped by the Gone Bananas truck to try some of their yumminess! Man oh man was I in heaven and I've been meaning to try to make a homemade version for some time now.

I was surfing around Pinterest last night and came across a recipe for this lovely banana ice cream. Oh my was it delicious! I cant wait to make it again with different mixings! Im thinking homemade peanut butter and chocolate chips!

The best part is that it is SUPER simple to make...

4 bananas (sliced and frozen)
a couple tsp of cocoa powder

THAT'S IT!

Blend it in a food processor until you have a soft serve consistency (which may take a little while) and viola you're done and ready to eat your homemade vegan ice cream!





2 comments:

Julie said...

YUM. I just got this recipe from someone today and I can't wait to try it! I'm thinking a little frozen strawberry ribbon through the stuff might be pretty tasty, too..

MissAlyssaDawn said...

Ohhh yes! Strawberry would work wonderfully! I need to make more ASAP!